ISO 27001:2013 -- Information Security Management System
ISO 27001 defines how to organise information security in any kind of organisation, profit or non-profit, private or state-owned, small or large. It is safe to say that this standard is the foundation of information security management.
ISO 27001 is for information security the same thing that ISO 9001 is for quality – it is a standard written by the world’s best experts in the field of information security and aims to provide a methodology for the implementation of information security in an organisation. It also enables an organisation to get certified, which means that an independent certification body has confirmed that information security has been implemented in the best possible way in the organisation.
Given the importance of ISO 27001, many legislatures have taken this standard as a basis for drawing up different regulations in the field of personal data protection, protection of confidential information, protection of information systems, management of operational risks in financial institutions, etc
- Failure to protect customer information.
- Insufficient understanding or threats to the business
- Loss of customers and investors through damaged reputation from information breach.
- To reduce risk of incidents.
- To protect and enhance reputation.
- To win more tenders.
- To attract more investors.
- To control information but not unduly affect business processes.
Benefits of ITSM:
Protecting your organisations information is critical for the successful management and smooth operation of your organization. Completing ISO/IEC 27001 information security management systems certification will aid your organisation in managing and protecting your valuable data and information assets.
Some of the benefits of ISO 27001 are:
- Keeps confidential information secure.
- Increase in business as customers / suppliers recognise a credible trusted partner
- Allows for secure exchange of information.
- Allows you to ensure you are meeting your legal obligations.
- Provide you with a competitive advantage.
- Reduction in incidents and support costs, more time spent on productivity
- Builds a culture of security.
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention.